A wonderful Darjeeling with a smooth honey sweet caramel taste which shifts towards a sweet chocolate maltiness with subsequent and longer steeps.
Produced exclusively from the AV2, considered the best Darjeeling clone and a high plucking standard of one bud and one or two leaves with meticulous processing.
Sourced direct from Rohini tea estate in Darjeeling.
- Smooth honey sweet caramel taste
- Longer and subsequent steeps shift towards a sweet chocolate maltiness
- No bitterness or astringency
Harvest: Second Flush, 12th July 2016
Grade: FTGFOP1 Gold Buds
Origin: Rohini Tea Estate, Darjeeling, India
Farmers: Shiv Saria and his son Hrishikesh Saria
Sourced: Direct from the farmer
Percentage of price going back to the farmer: 30%+
- Heat water to roughly 95°C/203°F
- Use 2 teaspoons per cup/small teapot
- Brew for 3-5 minutes
Packaging: Resealable ziplock bag