A wonderfully smooth and fruity sweet golden tip tea with strong notes of honeydew melon, perfect for those who love silver needles but want an even fuller taste.
Kangaita Tea Factory is a Fairtrade certified tea factory specialising in producing high quality orthodox teas including the processing of purple teas. It is located at a high elevation just above 2,000m and processes the leaves collected from 6,594 small-scale tea growers whose farms have a total tea acreage of 1,077 hectares. It is the farmers themselves who are the shareholders of Kangaita Tea Factory and elect the directors of the factory.
- Smooth taste with no bitterness or astringency
- Sweet fruity taste with predominant notes of honeydew melons
- Like a more flavourful and less subtle silver needle
Harvest: September 2017
Origin: Kangaita Tea Factory, Mount Kenya Region, Kenya
Sourced: Direct from Kangaita Tea Factory
- Heat water to roughly 90°C/194°F
- Use 2-3 teaspoons per cup/small teapot
- Brew for 2-4 minutes
Packaging: Resealable ziplock bag